This post is cross-posted from the EMC Proven Professional Community on the EMC Community Network (ECN).
Hi everyone! Sorry its been a few weeks since we had a round-up. I took a couple of weeks off to get married. But now its time to get back into the swing of things! Lots of stuff happening that Proven Professionals may be interested in, so lets get started!
Here are some of the highlights from the past couple of weeks in the Proven Professional Community:
EMC Proven Professional Advocacy Program
If you are a certified EMC Proven Professional, become an advocate for the storage industry! Learn more in the Proven Professionals ONLY community.
If you are not yet a certified EMC Proven Professional, check out the EMC Proven Professional Starter kit. It has everything you need to get started — and you know the community will be here for you as you start the process!
Set up your access for the Proven Professionals ONLY community!
If you are a certified EMC Proven Professional, its very very important to get your access set so that you are able to access the exclusive Proven Professionals ONLY community. Its really very simple:
- Your ECN email address and your CertTracker email address must match
- If you use Powerlink to log into ECN, your Powerlink email address, your ECN email address and your CertTracker email address must match
- Why should you visit the Proven Professionals ONLY community? Once you are in, you can…
- Find details about the Advocacy program
- Sign up to help write new certification exams
- Read Knowledge Sharing articles from the past few years
- Sign up for live knowledge sharing events, or browse the library of previously recorded events (trust me, you do not want to miss the next Engineer to Engineer webcast!!)
- Need help figuring out if your email address are aligned? Click here.
New Information Intellegence Group (IIG) Proven Professional certification credential
The IIG team (formally known as Content Management) announced a new certification credential: Application Developer, EMCApD Content Management xCelerated Composition Platform (xCP) Specialist Version 1.0.
Abstract submissions for the Knowledge Sharing Competition are now closed
Good luck to everyone who submitted an abstract! If you have any questions about the process, see this document or contact ddProven.
New University Spotlight
This month’s university spotlight is on the International Institute of Information Technology. Are you a student, or an alumnus? Check out the great work those students are doing as they study information and storage management.
Blog posts of interest to Proven Professionals
- Chuck Hollis gives us an Atmos update
- Yo Delmar has an interesting post about business processes, monetization, and the cloud
- Chad Sakac covers the UIM (Unified Information Manager) 2.0 release
- Proven Professional Steve Todd talks about his award-winning entry to the EMC Innovation Conference
- Proven Professional Mark Storagezilla Twomey gets the scoop from Greenplum co-founder/CTO of EMC’s Data Computing Product division Luke Lonergan
- More on Greenplum from Chuck Hollis
- Proven Professional Lawrence Hart gives his opinion of what the leadership changes at Documentum mean
- Gregg’s blog has a great post on updgrading from ESX,VMware Update Manager and Virtual Centre 4.0 to Version 4.1
- Gregg also has a nice wrap-up of VMworld Europe
- Chad Sakac posted on Oct 8 about all the jobs available in this space… most of them sound like a sweet spot for Proven Professionals!
- Chad also posted a reference doc for Citrix XenDesktop 4 on EMC Unified, leveraging NFS updated to incorporate the required info for FAST Cache, FLARE 30 and DART 6.0.
- He also posted links to a PowerShell commandlet library and a PowerCLI cheat sheet.
- TechHead posts a link to a fee NTP time service
- Proven Professional Nick Weaver posted a GUI tool that configures the DHSM setup for the Celerra and Unified plug-ins. During the EMC Innovation Conference. Insane!
- Storagezilla also posts a nice comparison between NFSv4 and NFSv3
WHEW! That was a lot! I promise not to get this behind again…
What were you up to this week?
Share your week with us…if you are in the northern hemisphere are you enjoying the fall weather? Those of you in the southern hemisphere – how is spring coming along? I know lots of you are studying – let the community know if you need support or help!
That’s all I have for this week. Keep safe, and we’ll do it again next week!