Since I work at Spanning now, and since we backup data in different SaaS apps, I’m not working with VMware any more. So why would I even bother going to VMworld? Well, because Spanning offers a SaaS backup solution for Salesforce, Google Apps, and Office 365, and I know lots of you are responsible for at least one of these applications. Also because I love y’all! I told my boss when I got hired I’d be working from San Francisco this week, but there’s so many ways to add to the conversation I ended planning quite a few things. Here’s where I plan on being next week:
- VMunderground Opening acts: I’ll be on the Data Protection panel that begins at 3PM (along with Jim Millard, Chris Wahl, GS Khalsa, Tim Antonowicz, Nick Howell, and Shannon Snowden). And you know I’m going to be there at 1 to watch the Infrastructure panel, that one should be good!
- VMunderground. They are the only party I know of that has an alcohol-free option. Yes!
- VMworld: I’ll be at the Moscone center in the morning, find me (twitter works best!) if you’d like to know more about what Spanning Backup does!
- vBrownBag: I have a Tech Talks presentation at 1:15, I’m going to cover why you should even bother backing up your SaaS data. Come ask me questions live! 🙂
- Spanning Office Hours at Galvanize: I do work for a startup in a co-working set up (right now) in Austin. That co-working space partners with Galvanize in San Francisco. Come by, get a Spanning demo, get a briefing, get a little taste of the startup side of life! I’ll be here from 2:30 till 5:00.
- Spanning Office Hours at Galvanize: I’ll be here from 9-noon. Scheduling meetings now, drop me a line if you’d like to stop by. I’ll spring for the coffee!
- VMworld: I’ll be at the Moscone around 2:30, and will stay for the Hall Crawl (4:30 – 6)
- VMworld: I’ll be at the Moscone from 11 – 12
- Spanning Office Hours at Galvanize: Today’s hours are from 1 – 5. I’ll still spring for the coffee, and maybe a snack! 😉
- VMworld party. Can’t wait! I LOVE NEON TREES!!! AND ALABAMA SHAKES!!! I don’t care what the haters say. 🙂
- All week:
- I’m going to be using Periscope all week. Please let me know if there’s something you’d like me to broadcast!
- I really, really want to fit yoga in a couple of times. Who’s in?
In conclusion, I can’t wait to see all y’all’s faces! Would love to show you what I’ve been working on. So holler back – what you are you up to next week?