I just posted the Table of Contents for the ISM (Information and Storage Management) book over in the EMC Proven Professional community. (I posted about the pre-release of the book earlier).
Here are the main chapters, if you want to see the complete Table of Contents you can download it from the community.
- Introduction to Information Storage and Mangement
- Storage System Environment
- Data Protection: RAID
- Intelligent Storage System
- Direct-Attached Storage and Introduction to SCSI
- Storage Area Networks
- Network-Attached Storage
- IP SAN
- Content-Addressed Storage
- Storage Virtualization
- Introduction to Business Continuity
- Backup and Recovery
- Local Replication
- Remote Replication
- Securing the Storage Infrastructure
- Managing the Storage Infrastructure
Some beefy stuff… it looks like this is going to be a nice reference guide. Just like my green Linux Administration book and my Sun shell programming for Sys Admin books are…only this one is just focused on storage. What do you think?